Update on Business Preparedness & Response to COVID-19
Service Stream's Executive Response Team continue to monitor, review and manage our response to the evolving situation with COVID-19. We take our response to unfolding situation seriously and in line with advice from Federal and State Governments, continue to assess the appropriateness of our current actions and future plans to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff, contractors, customers and the community at this time.
As an essential network services provider across utility and telecommunication infrastructure, Service Stream is often responding to and working through challenging situations. The business is prepared and benefiting from having advanced BCP and preparedness planning embedded into our operations which has been rigorously tested over many years, continually reviewed and adjusted as required.
Through our dedicated Executive Response Team, we have a number of important measures already in place across our business, including:
- Regular communications are being released including; situational updates, travel and social gathering restrictions, and FAQ guides for our workforce.
- Restrictions have been placed on air travel (international and non-essential domestic), non-essential meetings, hosted functions (internal and external) and travel across our inter-office networks
- Detailed field protocols have been deployed to support social distancing and heightened hygiene requirements across our entire office and field based workforce.
- The business has robust IT infrastructure in place to support operations, enabling our people to continue supporting workflows remotely
- Remote working has been implemented for all office-based staff, whose role does not require essential office attendance to support field-based operations
- Daily medical screening checks are available for our staff across our office network, particularly for those functions which are not practically able to work remotely (i.e. Warehousing and Logistics)
- Protocols have been established to ensure that staff and guests who are feeling unwell are not attending any Service Stream offices or work sites
- Cleaning regimes have been increased across our office and field network
Continuity of work programs
At this challenging time, it’s critical for all organisations to continue supporting their workforce and providing as much certainty as possible in relation to programs of work to provide confidence on employment continuity.
Continuity of work from our clients is therefore critical as we continue to move forward in this current environment. Service Stream’s senior managers are closely engaging with all clients to assess the continuation of current and planned programs of work so we can in turn continue to engage our 5,000+ strong workforce and provide staff and contractors with certainty over the continuity of work.
Service Stream continues to monitor the unfolding situation and work through contingency plans, to ensure that we continue to deliver for our clients safely, and in-line with our high standards.