Health & Safety
At Service Stream, we care about the safety of our people, our customers and the community. We ensure safety is first in everything we do and we strive to continually improve the way we manage risk to keep people safe.
Our commitment to safety is demonstrated through our focus on the implementation of critical controls in the workplace and the continual review and improvement of our Health and Safety Management System which is accredited to the requirements of AS/NZS 4801:2001 and the Office of the Federal Safety Commissioner (OFSC).
Our systems provide real-time supervision, monitoring and reporting of workplace health and safety matters, including inspections, incidents and hazard reporting, and the management of resulting actions which are tracked to ensure we meet our obligations.
To achieve our aims we:
- Ensure compliance with statutory legislative requirements
- Maintain safety management systems and integrate this into all our operations
- Provide employees with regular information, instruction, training and supervision to protect their safety
- Provide conditions to protect the welfare of all employees and sub-contractors
- Provide a consultative mechanism to employees and sub-contractors on all safety-related issues
- Ensure commitment to continuous improvement
- Provide safe plant, equipment and systems of work through risk and hazard management
- Provide written procedures and instructions to maintain safe work environments